Kettlebell training can activate more muscles and improve the body's fat-burning metabolism. It also increases the body's strength endurance, or the body's ability to perform fast, powerful movements repeatedly over longer periods of time.
Now we generally use plastic kettlebells and iron kettlebells. Do you know the difference between the two? Let's find out below.
A plastic kettlebell is a type of exercise equipment that is made from plastic instead of traditional materials like iron or steel. It is designed to mimic the shape and functionality of a traditional kettlebell, but with a lighter weight and a more affordable price point.
Plastic kettlebells are often used for home workouts or in fitness classes where a lighter weight is desired. They are typically filled with sand or another type of filler material to provide some resistance, but they are not as heavy or durable as their metal counterparts.
An iron kettlebell is a type of exercise equipment that is shaped like a cannonball with a handle. It is made of solid iron and is used for various strength and cardiovascular exercises. Kettlebell workouts typically involve swinging, lifting, and carrying the kettlebell to engage multiple muscle groups and improve overall fitness. Iron kettlebells come in different weights, allowing users to progress and challenge themselves as they get stronger. They are commonly used in commercial gym, fitness clubs, and home workouts.
The main difference between a plastic kettlebell and an iron kettlebell lies in their material composition.
1. Material: Plastic kettlebells are typically made from a durable and hard plastic material, such as polyethylene or polypropylene. On the other hand, iron kettlebells are made from solid cast iron or a combination of cast iron and steel.
2. Weight: Iron kettlebells are generally heavier compared to plastic ones. Iron kettlebells can range from a few pounds to over 100 pounds, while plastic kettlebells are usually lighter, ranging from a few pounds to around 50 pounds.
3. Durability: Iron kettlebells are known for their durability and can withstand heavy use and impact. They are less likely to crack or break. Plastic kettlebells are also durable but may not be as robust as iron kettlebells. They can be prone to cracking or breaking if dropped or mishandled.
4. Cost: Iron kettlebells are usually more expensive compared to plastic kettlebells. The cost difference is primarily due to the difference in material and manufacturing processes.
5. Texture: Iron kettlebells often have a rougher texture due to their cast iron construction. Plastic kettlebells, on the other hand, can have a smoother and more comfortable grip due to their plastic material.
6. Noise: Iron kettlebells can produce more noise when they come into contact with each other or the floor due to their solid and dense construction. Plastic kettlebells, being lighter and made of a softer material, tend to produce less noise.
While plastic kettlebells may not be as durable or long-lasting as metal ones, they do offer some advantages. They are generally safer to use, as they are less likely to cause injury if dropped or mishandled. They are also more affordable, making them a popular choice for beginners or those on a budget.
However, it's important to note that plastic kettlebells may not provide the same level of resistance or challenge as metal ones. They may not be suitable for advanced strength training or for individuals who are looking to lift heavier weights.
Overall, plastic kettlebells can be a convenient and cost-effective option for those looking to incorporate kettlebell exercises into their fitness routine. However, it's important to choose a reputable brand and ensure that the kettlebell is filled properly to avoid any safety issues.
Both plastic and iron kettlebells can be effective for strength and conditioning workouts. The choice between them depends on individual preferences, budget, and specific training needs.GANAS, the leading Gym Accessories Manufacturer, offers durable and innovative exercise gym accessories for your fitness routine. GANAS gym equipment helps you build your own gym!